Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday for Aug. 30

Top Ten Books That Are On The Top Of My TBR List For Fall, for the Top Ten Tuesday blog.


1. "The Indian Clerk" by David Leavitt. I started reading this when I received a bunch of books from the Amazon Vine program. So now I have to go back.

2. "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen. I've waited more than a year to read this.

3. "Wolf Hall" by Hillary Mantel. Another one I started.

4. "Let the Great World Spin" by Colin McCann. I'm going to read this on a plane.

5. "Riders in the Chariot" by Patrick White. Australia's Nobel winner.

6. "Spud: The Madness Continues" by John van de Ruit. I read the first one for a class in 2009, and I thought it was great. How many South African YA faux-diary novels have you read?

7. "The Yiddish Policeman's Union" by Michael Chabon. Another one I've been putting off reading.

8. "The Man in the Wooden Hat" by Jane Gardam

9. "Framley Parsonage" by Anthony Trollope. I read the first two in the Barchester series in the early '90s, and I intend to finish sometime this decade.

10. "The Deptford Trilogy" by Robertson Davies. I read "Fifth Business" in the mid-1980s, but I want to restart it. I read the Cornish trilogy a couple of years ago.

No comments: