Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm so bad

In flagrant disregard to my pledge to read 20 books I own before I read more library books, I've requested James Blaylock's "Knights of the Cornerstone" (which I started over the summer but had to return) and "I am Not Sidney Poitier); I just finished Michael Chabon's essay collection ("Manhood for Amateurs"), and I have at home "Pilgrims" by Garrison Keillor and "Unseen Academicals" by Terry Pratchett (although my daughter's reading the last one). Yet I also have to assignments to complete to finish my MLIS class this semester, although they won't require a lot of reading in addition to the texts (I already did the literature review). So ... I've already passed my record for number of books read in a single year (52), and I should hit 60, unless I get bogged down in "Europe Central," which I want to finish before 01/01/2010. Sigh.

No comments: