Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ID Win

I don't remember why, but last night I re-watched the Old Negro Space Program satire. The short spoofs PBS-style documentaries on African-American history, here postulating that there was a "Negro" space program in the 1960s that used buses and old cars. Anyway, I thought I recognized the actor playing one of the former astronauts -- Wallace "Suitcase" Jefferson. He reminded me of a 1970s comedian who appeared on "Laugh-In" and a number of other shows; he was one of those recognizable supporting-player types. I thought his name was Johnnie Whitaker or Johnny Walker -- neither, of course, were corrects. But after some searching in IMDB, I realized that he was Johnny Brown, who did in fact appear on "Laugh-In" and many other shows. He apparently was on "Good Times," too. You're supposed to be less able to recognize faces as you get older, so maybe I'm not old enough.

No comments: