Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I'm Reading Wednesdays: May 4

WWW Wednesdays: 


What are you currently reading?: I've settled on "How to Read the Air" by Dinaw Miengestu. It's about Ethiopian immigrants to the United States and how they handle their displacement and the cultural divide that opens between parents and their Americanized children. A child tries to retrace his parents' odyssey. 

What did you recently finish reading? I wrapped up "After the Golden Age," a superhero novel by Carrie Vaughn; "Generation A," Douglas Coupland's 2009 novel about bees, the environment and neural networking; and "The Son of Laughter," Frederick Buechner's beautiful retelling of the story of Jacob.


What do you think you’ll read next? I'm leaning toward "Skippy Dies," a 600-page novel set in Ireland, but I also might try "The Frozen Rabbi" or "Troubles," a novel about Ireland during the Civil War. I have several books out from the library, but once I'm through them I'm going to concentrate on going through the pile near my bed to see what I can read and give away.

No comments: